Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheese Muffins


For seven days, I'm keeping a food journal of what I eat daily. This is day three.

I woke up late today and came downstairs to my usual breakfast of plain yogurt with cereal and granola. Then, a while later (okay, ten minutes), I had my usual morning snack of a green smoothie. Since I didn't have a lunch planned, I decided to bake some cheese muffins and see what leftovers I have in the refrigerator to throw together a quick lunch. After the muffins were ready, I dug in. They were delicious, the cheese salty and savory, almost melting into the muffins. So I ate six of them and called it lunch. Here's what else I ate today.

BREAKFAST: a bowl of plain yogurt with cereal and granola
MORNING SNACK: a glass of green smoothie
LUNCH: 6 cheese muffins (recipe below)
AFTERNOON SNACK: a plate of strawberries and grapes; a piece of dark chocolate
DINNER: none (wasn't hungry.)

****

Cheese Muffins
from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoonsalt
3 cups shredded colby-jack chese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter (salted)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir in cheese.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together.
5. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
6. Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Yield: 12


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails